Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Works in Progress

Somehow, somewhere along the line I amassed a large amount of grass green fabric.

WIPJuly3

So I've been working to reduce the pile, using a disappearing nine patch design.

WIPJuly4
WIPJuly5

Three different sizes:

WIPJuly6

And I think there will be some appliqué at some stage, too.

WIPJuly8
WIPJuly9

The paparazzi approves:

WIPJuly7
Click, Mummy

And of course, there is this lovely stack, which is the basis for my Red Letter Day quilt.

WIPJuly1

Here's the first block:

WIPJuly10

I should be on track to continue with this project on the weekend, yay!

First time I've ordered from Fresh Modern Fabrics - it was great (I'm a sucker for samples. They make my day.)

WIPJuly2
samples of Colour Me Happy by V and Co

Hope you're having a win with whatever project you're tackling at the moment!

Linking up with Lee (whose Aviatrix Medallion quilt is looking rather gorgeous).


14 comments:

  1. Love both of your Projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first quilt ever was a Disappearing 9 Patch so I think this block will always have a special place in my heart. I love what you're doing with it. The greens looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to have coffee today Kirsty, I really enjoyed it, we'll do it again next term! Love the pic of you and Camille with your block! Love your green disappearing nine-patches too. We order all our Essex linen for screen printing from the lovely Alice at Fresh Modern Fabrics! - she is always so helpful with everything, has great fabrics, and always works out the best possible postage - very happy that you have found her too. talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour choices. That's a big collection of green to have accidentally amassed! And your Red Letter Day quilt should come together quickly with blocks that size! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love grass green fabrics too! It's going to be a great looking quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fabulous! I love the yummy greens, and a DP9 with different sized blocks? Sounds like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those greens are fantastic! I would never think to pull all of those together! It's just lovely! I'm really excited to see your Red Letter Day quilt, too. What size are those blocks? They are huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your greens look fabulous ...it's going to look darling !

    ReplyDelete
  9. The greens looks beautiful! Can't wait to see more of your RLD blocks too;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love greens, so that makes yours beautiful too. Simple!
    And great to see a picture of you (in your former post I didn't know who was you out of the 4 ladies)
    I love Camille's nose when she smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Ok darling, let me just read a bit through this blog and I'll be right with you".
    Um, that was aprox 3 hours ago. :) I enjoyed reading your stories so so much, thanks a lot for sharing them. As I've been to France maybe 50 times, I found so many places I've also been to. And as I want to learn everything about quilting... each of your posts is interesting for me.

    Wish you and your family all the best and will come back regularly, (I assume that I have to see now what my husband does.... )

    greetings from Germany,
    Gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all those greens, I have a sizeable stack of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a green phase in fabric aquisition, too. Your quilt beginnings look great and I love the block you chose!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...