1. Well, there was Easter:
2. Not to mention Mother's Day:
I bet none of you got a mug this cool
3. And of course Star Wars Day:
4. We managed an evening at Redcliffe, on the coast:
On the boardwalk, strutting his stuff
5. A visit to our local Army barracks' open day:
Section Attack demonstration
Dr Seuss never mentions what happens when you eat too much green eggs and ham
Explosive Detection Dog and his handler.
6. And an outing to the Rail Museum, Queensland.
Lots of model trains and gorgeous little model scenarios
Do you think these ladies are quilters? (A yard is about this long...)
Looking and learning
WW1 German armoured vehicle - taken after a battle at Villers-Bretonneux
It wouldn't be a Bonjour Family outing without someone throwing a tantrum and running away.
7. Sewing wise, I have been chugging along with my first pattern. Some wonderful ladies are testing the various quilt sizes as we speak, making sure it's the best it can be.
8. If you heard a loud squeeee about a month ago, that would've been all the Australians learning that Camille Roskelley is coming to our side of the globe. She will be holding trunk shows and sewing classes in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Sydney.
We'll be making Camille's Red Letter Day quilt during the class. Yay!
(Image stolen from Camille's blog)
Needless to say, I've booked myself a seat at both the trunk show and the class in Brisbane. Are any of the Australians out there attending? For enquiring minds more info can be found here.
9. I'm putting the finishing touches on my first newsletter. If you would like instructions on how to make this Spring Baby Quilt then be sure to sign up here.
My plan for the newsletter is to send out free quilt and block patterns, which won't be appearing on the blog. If we can pick up the numbers and some momentum, hopefully we can find some sponsors, too (coupons, fabric giveaways, foot rubs from Hugh Jackman, you know the drill).
10. We also went to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary but I've drowned you in enough photographs so that will have to wait for another day.
Right, I think that's everything. I had to number them to make sure I didn't forget anything.
Hope this finds you all well and enjoying the warmer or cooler weather, depending on which hemisphere you're populating. I have my flannel pyjamas on and I'm loving it.
Take care and happy sewing!