Another (small) finish to start the weekend.
I had an idea to mix lots of neutrals with a pop of turquoise, and this is what eventuated. The blocks were 5 inches square, 4.5 inches once sewn together. I used a variety of turquoise scraps and yardage, including some lovely linen sent to me by Diana at Sticks and Bubbles. The turquoise edging is only 0.5 inch once joined. That didn't leave much room for slightly off seams (plus some of my neutral squares were linen which has a tendency to stretch) so I used thicker strips and then cut the blocks back to size, which worked nicely.
I'm quite fond of the back too, and can see the flip-side being used quite often. I used random 1.5, 2 and 2.5 inch strips and cut in some blocks of colour.
Favourite back detail is this little fella.
I quilted using organic straight lines across the neutral part of each block (running parallel with the stripes on the back). I love how when you're too lazy to rule straight quilting lines you can just call it 'organic'.
Binding was going to be scrappy until I decided to stick with this Michael Miller fabric, which I think ties it all together nicely.
I'm very happy with this one, I love it when they work out just as you planned.
Bon weekend, tout le monde!