Monday, July 12, 2010


Yes, cushions.  Plural.

I made this stripy patched square for the backing but the mister, who seems to know a lot more about this cushion making caper than he lets on, thought it should be a cover of it's own. And I was happy that the log cabin triangle scraps would be out there, not hiding 'round the back.

And here's how the triangles turned out.

I decided to use white piping to bring out the centre circle (thanks owed to this very easy-to-follow tutorial on design*sponge). Note to self - next time allow for half inch rather than quarter inch seams all the way around - much less fiddly, particularly with the myriad of overlapping log cabin seams.

The backs were two pieces of contrasting Gold Folks' material and a zipper closure.

Those colours are just fantastic.

I'm so glad I love the way they've turned out as they took a looooong time to put together.

Next up, a baby quilt using this great tutorial over at Red Pepper Quilts.

And the fabrics? Well, I'm thinking about these:

All Star, by My Minds Eye. Sweet designs for a very dear little boy who'll be showing up in our extended family soon. 

1 comment:

  1. whoa, amazing, The pillow looks great and super complex.Well done.


Hi there, I love getting comments, so let her rip! I do my very best to reply (by email) so please make sure your account is set up to show email, so that I can get back to you. Cheers, Kirsty

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...